Retail Design & Merchandising Student Organizations
The Retail Studies Organization at Indiana University is among IU Bloomington’s largest student organizations with more than 400 members. Its mission is to provide education and leadership for students interested in careers in retailing, manufacturing, and related industries. The organization offers these opportunities through industry speakers, community service, team building activities, visits to retail organizations, networking, and professional seminars.
Enactus at Indiana University Bloomington is an award-winning student group enabling progress through entrepreneurial action. Enactus brings together a diverse network of university students, academic professionals and industry leaders around the shared mission of creating a better, more sustainable world through the positive power of business. By contributing their talents to projects that improve the lives of people worldwide, Enactus participants are demonstrating that individuals with a knowledge and passion for business can be a powerful force for change.
Enactus students compete each spring at the United States National Exposition, where they present the impact of their economic development projects to industry leaders. The Enactus team at Indiana University has consistently achieved national recognition:
- Regional Champions: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
- National Opening Round 2nd Runner-up: 2007, 2011
- 2009, 2010 National Finalist, Entrepreneurship Criteria
- 4.0 Club, a recognition of long-term sustainability and project impact: 2010-2012
- 33 Service Leadership awards, students achieving over 100 hours of service per academic year